Monday, January 28, 2013

Decorated Burp Cloths

I found out that my daughter's best friend's mom was having a baby so I wanted to do something nice for her. I don't really know her that well, but I like doing things for other people. My daughter said that she was having a girl so I went to work.

I started off with a pack of white cloth diapers and a bottle of Rit dye. I thought Fushia would be a good color. I then dyed them. Then I washed them.


I measured how in the middle area of the diaper where I was going to put the material. Length and width.


Then I took my material that I was going to use to decorate it with and measured 1/4 inch down and ironed it.


And along the sides.


Then pinned it into place.


I always pin a lot.


Then just topstiched all the way around.






And there you go. Cute, right?


I made a few of them. Getting more and more creative with each one.


Maybe next time I will try ruffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, it is appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...